Followers

Thursday 26 March 2015

Craft Club

Hello All
Thank you for taking the time to visit my little page.
Firstly, to clear up a couple of questions from Tuesday's post. For the background of my card, I used CE (Sue Wilson's) Celtic Flower embossing folder on PMD cream card and then gently rubbed Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the top. Hope that makes sense. It's strange how things appear differently in photos/on screen, no metallic items used at all.

Today's post is...

Don't laugh, but yes, that's me!
On a Thursday, every other week, I meet up with a group of ladies to craft. Between us, we knit,crochet, quilt,patchwork, decorate cakes etc. But most importantly we laugh, natter and put the world to rights. Every once in a while we set a challenge and this time "school days" was pulled out of the hat. Tonight is the night we "show and tell". 
Everything I have added to my scrapbook page means something. So the picture is the main event. The pencils because I loved to colour in back then. The elastic bands because I insisted on having my very fine baby hair in a ponytail for the occasion and back then we didn't have these "posh" bands that are around now. The gold star because I was so proud to earn one at five years old. The stencil is a nod to my dad who at the time was a draughtsman and used them along with Letraset - remember that. The red scribble is about my dearly departed sister, who decided she would colour in my eyes - had we just had an argument or was she trying to make me look pretty? I don't remember.
I will try and take photos and post them on Saturday of the other ladies makes

GailT What is your blog name please. In fact, I'd like to know everybody's blog name, so that I can visit you too

Ingredients
serif Craft Artist 2
digikit Back to School
Glossy photo card stock trimmed to 8"x10" to fit into a photo frame (for now, it won't stay in it!)

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I just LOVE what you have done on the page.
    All the things that have meaning for you and reminders of your Dad & Sister.
    Have a great day
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    I love this because it is so personal, with a meaning to everything you have added. It's just perfect.
    Enjoy your day.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scrapbook page & interesting to read why you have added certain details.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea - and so personal too - my fringe was very similar to yours Karen except I didn't have the ponytail but I looked as though I had a basin on my head because my hair was short!! my blog address is getcraftingnow.blogspot.co.uk (I know the GET sounds a bit abrupt but they are actually my initials)!! Karen I think if you click on the name of the person ie Patricia who left the first comment and then at the top of the screen it says My blogs and it will show their blogs ie Patricias = Summerhouse Crafts and click on that and it will take you to straight to the blog of that person - hope that helps - and hopefully you will come and visit soon xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen - yep you have found me!! Lol xx thsnk you for lovely comment - the card I made for MIL is a bit different for me as made it in a card class but like it all the same - hope you have time to pass by again xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, looks fab, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen
    I don't scrapbook but I love your page and all its personal references.
    Seem to recall a photo with a similar fringe that my Mum had "trimmed" (but mine was in colour hahaha!)
    Have a great weekend chuck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen just catching up as have been with my mum this past week. Such a variety of projects you now have on your blog. I think we all have pictures with funny fringes don't we! ! Look forward to seeing the pictures by my house are one busy lady with your activities, teaching salsa dancing sounds fun. I am not sure yet if I am going to Ally Pally but will let you know if I decide, best wishes Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete