Followers

Saturday 21 March 2015

Male cards ...

Hello everyone

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. It's really strange seeing my own cards on site and I'm really critical of them - like Thursday's card, the centre panel appears too big and although in real life the colour of it was fine, it appears too dark to me now! 
I don't sell my cards at Craft fairs etc and so nearly all of my cards are personalised. 
So, today's card was made for my dad. In the past I'd done the usual golf/sport cards and wanted to do something totally different. 


I've done a better version since for my daughter's future father-in-law, I'd treated myself to more of Sue Wilson's NY dies by then!
I hope those of you that went to NEC had a great time. I'm going to Ally Pally on 12th April if any of you are going it'd be lovely to meet for a coffee...
See you Tuesday

Ingredients
Black 6x6 card base
linen effect gold card from C&C
Special Touch mask
SB classic Squares Large
Sue Wilson Times Square
CE Shimmer paint
CE gilding wax
Serif (free digikit) Zodiac for font

7 comments:

  1. Great card-very striking. Not able to go to NEC or Ally Pally , maybe one I'll get there. Hope you have a great time when you go.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen
    Ooooh, the males are pesky to make for but this is spot on for a fella.
    Would love to go to Ally Pally but unless there's a cracking deal on a train ticket, its an expensive jaunt from the Midlands.
    Have a great weekend chuck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a truly lovely card so still being soooo hard on yourself. I think it is fab and perfect for a male recipient xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fab card for a 'man', love the edging in Gilding Wax, I love this product. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    This is perfect for any male. I don't know why you doubt yourself, and Thursday's card was perfect for a rug maker, I should know, I've made a few in my time!
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on starting your Blog, it can be lots of fun.
    Thank you for your visit to my Blog.
    Your card is wonderful, love the colours. Change of colours and the fantastic design would be suitable for female cards as well.
    Look forward to seeing more of your super work.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen,
    what a very great male card.
    Love your fab design of this, and the colours are fab.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete