Followers

Saturday 6 June 2015

Oldie for Friday

Hello and thank you for popping by
I am scheduling the next few posts as I'm going to be without my laptop for a few days, so I hope they work. My laptop is going into "hospital for a few days!
If anyone new joins in, I apologise for not acknowledging you and will catch up with you at a later date

Today's oldie which is inspired by Erika See here
It is old as you can see from the quality of the photo!
Erika's theme has been "distressed" this week. This is a bit of a "cheat" in that I know a lot of you achieve this background using distressed inks but I created mine using Serif! To make the frame I used Spellbinder 5x7 matting basics and used a size in between to emboss an "edge" too on black card. This was added to the background using 3D foam tape The die cut is from the D-Lites range of Spellbinder dies (can't remember name now)
Enjoy your week and I'll be back (when laptop has recovered!) as soon as possible

9 comments:

  1. Still looks good, Will you be able to survive without Laptop? We re do dependant on them, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective Karen. I think you will realise over he weekend just how many times you reach for your laptop! Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Karen and love the 'cheats' distressed background it looks fab xx hope you aren't without your laptop for too long as I find I can't really post from my iPad so still have to fire the laptop up when I want to make a post xx have a lovely weekend. xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen
    Lovely atmospheric card. Did think it was done with inks.
    I think the die is "Flower burst" very pretty.
    Hope your laptop comes home fit and well.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    This is very striking, I use a brayer to make these sort of backgrounds, but the Serif looks great. I'm sending Get Well Soon wishes to your laptop, and hope it's not too poorly!
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen such a love warm looking card I have never been brave enough to give brayering a try I hate a mess and I am sure that is what I would get!
    I do hope your laptop is well again really soon, what did we do before they were invented?
    With love
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Karen, love everything you have done on it.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen, well you wouldn't know you hadn't distressed the background at all. I love it and the black silhouettes really makes the colours pop. A great card.
    Thanks for joining me in sharing an oldie this week.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen what a gorgeous card and the colours and the design are wonderful.
    Debs xxxx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete