Followers

Saturday 25 July 2015

Oldie for Fffriday

Hello All
I've scheduled this post because I am meeting a blogging friend Maria. This will be our second meeting and I'm really looking forward to it. Lot's of chatting, laughs and coffee!
Maureen I have to agree with you, the buttons did look sad in that photo. Perhaps that's why they were such a bargain from Hobbycraft!
Friday night (I'm preparing this on Friday afternoon) will be a visit to a Salsa event where my daughter is a guest teacher, teaching Rueda and lots of dancing until 1am Saturday


Today's oldie inspired by Erika's blog here
It was my first attempt at a fold fancy fold card inspired by Kay from Hougie. No die sets in those days, so I had a go at quilling. The pale lilac was cut using an EK Success punch 
Ingredients
White card
lilac and purple card - Don't know where from
Quilling papers
Pinflair flexi-bend peel off

Another attempt with a very dodgy box I made and I'd progessed to Petal Pair punches. Not sure about the inking too!

Have a great week end everyone 
See you Tuesday


8 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, thanks for joining me in sharing an oldie, a lovely card and box it is too. Love the design aspects of it and all the lovely flowers.
    I hope you had fun at the salsa event and have a great day with your blog friend today.
    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    what a fab Oldies for Friday.
    Great card design, and colours.
    Love those super little flowers on the second.
    I can see I will have to get my Hougie books out and take a look at how to make this.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks fab Karen, love the flowers and the design, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fab - don't be too harsh on yourself!! It is difficult to remember crafting before die cuts isn't it - blumin eck!!! Hope yiu had a good time last night and enjoy your day today xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    I hope you remembered your cushions and had a fabulous day. I've tried to do this card in the past but mine wasn't as successful as yours!! I loved those buttons ha ha.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. School report in art: Miss Watts could have done better ! (joke!)
    and I must say you have exceeded yourself :-) These cards are
    lovely and as I told you I'm not a box maker myself so this is very good !
    Thanks for today,it was fun
    hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased you had a lovely day with Maria on Saturday, lucky you wish I lived a little nearer. these cards are so lovely well done
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen just getting around to catching up as I have been at my mums for a few days and out on Sunday at a show. You've certainly been busy as usual and some lovely things to show. Keep thinking I need to make more fancy cards and boxes. Just need the time, best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete