Followers

Thursday 30 July 2015

Quick card

Hello Everyone
Thank you again for your kind comments on my previous post. It's good to know Ang that I am not the only one who makes a card and lay it on their grave
We did have a lovely day. There was 14 of us plus 4 children. I don't think the pub/restaurant quite knew what had hit them! it was very heart-warming to see some of his friends there too. 

Anyway, on to today's post. I think I ought to change my blog name to something like...karenlotty does simple craft. Yesterday, I was asked by a work colleague to make a card for a fellow colleague who has just had an operation on her shoulder. She needed it today to pass around the office.

My latest "thang" is fonts and there are lots of web sites that do some amazing free stuff. "Speedy Recovery" is in a font called Scriptina" and I like to mix fonts. The other one I used is Gabriola
Ingredients
Sentiment printed onto A4 super smooth 250gsm card stock - landscape orientation, trimmed and folded into a 5x7 card 
Memory Box Blushing Bouquet die cut in green and patterned paper and paper pieced from my stash
Docrafts chalks in pink and pale lilac for background - I bought a whole set of about 16 from our "Wotever Scrappy Store" for about £1.50 - Great Bargain!

Sorry it's not very news-y but it's been one of those weeks. Going to V&A museum tomorrow to see the Alexander McQueen exhibition "Savage Beauty and we're going to the Sky Lounge at the Shard! SO.... my week end starts here

See you Saturday

9 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Karen, have a good weekend, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen
    Love the pastel shades and flowers. Great idea to mix the fonts too.
    You're brave going to the top of the Shard. I nearly decorated the good folk of New York when I nearly hewied at the top of the Empire State Building lol!
    Enjoy your trip.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Hope you enjoy your long weekend.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen,
    Great card today, I really like it.
    Enjoy your weekend, better you than me up the Shard!!!!
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, love your card, the flower is beautiful and I agree with you about fonts. I have some lovely ones but maybe I need to get some new ones!
    Have a lovely weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Karen, I don't think you are ever still!! Exhibition and the Shard - and no doubt you will find a little dance venue somewhere during the day!! It's not the making of a quick card that's the problem for me it's having the quick inspiration of what to do and you have certainly cracked it here. Enjoy your weekend best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen,
    what a beautiful card, and I love the font.
    May just have to look them up.
    So glad all went well on the celebration of your sons life.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really lovely card so very sweet and cheery Karen
    With love
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Karen this is so bad of me but I will catch up with
    your beautiful cards and other crafts in due course, promise!
    Beautiful card, I love the clean and simple look and this is
    so pretty. Off to next one, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete