Followers

Tuesday 15 September 2015

My first attempt at a channel card

Hello everyone. I hope that you are all well. Although the weather has been sunny here it has felt mighty cold. We had a great time on Friday watching my daughter take part in "Tesco Does Strictly". They didn't win but hey ho! it was for charity. It just proves how big an event it is for Tesco, they raised £10,000 for the charities British Heart Foundation and Diabetes UK. Saturday was spent looking for school uniform items for a "Back to School" Salsa event that is on this Wednesday. Sunday was a lazy, chilled day. I hope your little lad is better now Erika and Maureen, I framed each cross stitch for her. She had them up in her kitchen which she has just had redecorated and has just given them back to me to re-mount in different frames.
Today's card is my first attempt at a channel card - I don't think I've posted this before (apologies if I have) I printed the sentiment using different fonts onto plain white super smooth card, used a spellbinders bracket die and pink card from a kit I bought from Llidl. it was a huge learning curve for me, wondering how big to make the channel, mis-calculating the finished size of the white card to mount onto the pink, next one will be slightly smaller, so that there is a border all of the way around the top layer (you know what I mean!)
It is my daughter's birthday today and I should have shown the card I made for her but stupidly forgot to photograph it! Off out to celebrate this evening with the family
See you Thursday 


6 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I'm truly inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was some money Tesco made. It must have been a good night.

    I love your card, I recently bought dies to do this style of card and just haven't got around to playing yet. I must make time!
    I love the die and the filigree detail in it.

    My wee man is much better thank you and now back to school. They do bounce back quick.

    Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen,
    Congratulations to all concerned for the amazing amount raised for two great charities. Both are close to my heart (no pun intended) as they have affected my family greatly.
    Now, as to your card today. My confession is that I have never made a channel card either, and I think I'll have to make some after seeing your lovely offering, I really like it.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Karen, I love this ! I watched a tutorial Sue made
    once and it looks lovely so well done you to make one.
    Hugs Maria xx
    ps. fantastic amount collected for the charities x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, really lovely. Well done on raising so much money, that's fantastic.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen
    Trying to catch up again lol!
    Fab card. Simple and elegant.
    What a fantastic amount to have raised for charity. You must all be very proud.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete