Followers

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Birthday card for a friend

Hello everyone and thank you for popping by. I love to read your comments and feedback. It really helps me to craft/improve. Seeing my projects photographed make such a difference too. It shows up all the mistakes and how I'd change it for future reference!

Today is a special friend's birthday, we have known each other for over 45 years now. She has just re-discovered her love for knitting. So my card is based around knitting! It was inspired by Saturday Sketch. A great resource for card/scrapbook layouts. I also treated her to a set of knitting needles from my favourite knitting needle company (think music!) - I wish I'd discovered them years ago


























Ingredients
5x7 card blank
Lidll card - lilac
CE - chic viola gilding wax
Spellbinders - Marissa Bouquet 
EF - can't remember Embossilicious - a bargain from Ally Pally
Serif digikit - Knitty Gritty

I don't think I have much else on for the rest of this week. It is my birthday on Thursday and OH is being very cagey... So is my daughter. She, at long last, has consented to buy me some crafty goodies. She usually refuses and buys me something else (I always tell her not to worry and to spend her money on herself) because she thinks I have enough stuff but we never have enough crafting goodies, do we? She has a small wish list... to enable her to decide...
Take care
xx








3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Karen for your friend,s birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen I love the sketch and the card you have made it is beautiful. Your friend is going to love it. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, lovely card also like the sketch. Your friend will diffidently love it too
    hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete