Followers

Thursday 15 October 2015

Sorry and today's card...

Thank you for popping by, if you're able to leave a comment, thank you. I appreciate all of your feedback. I had a great Saturday afternoon crafting with the daughter of an old school friend. She made a birthday card for her mum using a die she'd bought - the die cutting machine is on her Christmas Wish List! and some dies I'd got - forgot to take a photo though

I must apologise for missing Tuesday. A friend offered to pick me up from work and on the way suggested going crafty shopping - how could I refuse! Actually I didn't buy much in the end. I'd have liked to have bought a box frame for a project I have in mind but they they didn't have the right size. I did buy some kraft card blanks and metallic twine from HC. It was nice to have a browse and see some of the "stuff" we look at on the internet. I apologise for not visiting any of your blogs. I will try and catch up

Today's card was just total play, I didn't have an event/occasion in mind. I recently made a few Silver Wedding cards using a laser printer and a Patsy May Foil-it machine - I understand that there's a way of using these foils with an iron... It reminded me that you can use the waste in this manner. I printed off a Serif image using an inkjet printer this time and "traced" around parts with a Quickie glue pen. Then I left it to dry (i.e. let the glue go clear - 30 mins, next day..) I laid the waste foil over the top and gently rubbed over the top with my finger/coffee stirrer. The foil sticks to the glue. I was quite pleased with the result and made it into this card


Ingredients
5x5 card blank
gold mirri card
Supersmooth white card and paper
Serif image - material 
Embossaliscous folder
Quickie glue pen
Waste hot foil - gold

See you Saturday
xx

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely Karen, just ready for a sentiment banner and job done!!! Wish I understood Serif.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen this is gorgeous I love the foiling. That is something I have never tried. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen what a beautiful card I love all your stamping and your design is wonderful.
    Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}


    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen back from my hols and catching up with you today. What a great idea about the foils - so we don't need all the fancy machines then!!! Looks fantastic on your picture so must really stand out in reality. Have a good day wet and dull here. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your foiling cards Karen, it is not something I have tried. It's on my to do list!
    Lovely floral arrangement and great way to use up waste hot foil.

    Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen
    What a great effect. It looks like some expensive Hunkydory card.
    Not long to the NEC so saving my pennies for that.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete