Followers

Thursday 9 June 2016

Craft Rocket Challenges - For a Man/Boy

Hello Everyone
I hope you are well and that the weather is being kind (I have scheduled this post).
Today's post is the design I have done for Craft Rocket Challenges. - For a Man/Boy
Take a look at the other Designer's work and join in. This card was made for a work colleague's birthday. It is a fairly large card, as quite a few people needed to sign it. I wanted to experiment and have a go at extending a Striplet (I do like my Striplets) to make a background. I was extremely pleased at how easy it was to do! The person in question rides (is that right, or it drive?) a monster of a bike! I highlighted parts of the bike using a Quickie glue pen and gilding flakes. The trick is allow the glue to dry i.e. change from blue to transparent. Lay flakes over the top and smooth down, rub excess away with a Rub-it Scrub-it or similar
Enjoy your day



Ingredients
8x8 card blank
Black card stock from The Range
Elements/papers from various Serif cd-roms printed onto white supersmooth card
Sue Wilson Striplet - Everlasting Circles
Gilding Flakes



14 comments:

  1. I love this Karen. It has a great look of action to it. My neighbour who is into vintage motor bikes would love this. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the motorcycle on your awesome card! Great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for any male! Great card~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for any male! Great card~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen this is a brilliant card for a male. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, love the way you've added the sentiment and those little highlights of foil are divine! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen, a perfect card for a biker, love the touch of foil too.
    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes the boy toy just what all men want Good Job Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Man card, love the Biker theme.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, the blanket are 20inch squares just enough to fit in the little cots, and not to big that they don't need folded over. I have done two bigger ones that are 20 across and 25 long these are for bigger babies, daughters friend had twins that were in the unit and she told me the size as she got her twins blankets home with them. One twin was 3lbs and only 13inches long so the little blanket wasn't to big and heavy for her, they use them to make the cots look more personal too. Hope that helps! Yes I do knit quick and crocket just straight rows no squares to sew or keep doing corners. The knitted ones I make up what design I fancy doing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry love your man card, I thought I had your e-mail but I think it's on the list and I can't find it either. Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card Karen. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! Anyone who rides would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen
    Think we are visiting at the same time lol!
    Sadly, John has still got my samples so I can't use the one you thought might be good lol!
    This is a brilliant man card. Love what you've done with the Striplet and the gilding.
    I did get my burger but only managed to eat half lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete